Listen to Dr. Susan Gabriel share her insights on risk factors for recurrent cardiovascular events following myocardial infarction in a large real-world data analysis of 78,000 patients with multivessel disease.
Residual Cardiovascular Risk Despite Secondary Prevention: Data from Contemporary Cardiovascular Outcomes Trials From 2010-2021
Listen to Dr. C. Michael Gibson and Dr. Serge Korjian discuss expert insights on the recurrent cardiovascular risk in patients with contemporary CV outcomes trials between 2010-2021.
Join Dr Kenneth Mahaffey, MD as he explores the impact of recurrent MI and explains why there is currently an unmet need for therapies that can reduce the risk of recurrent cardiovascular events in the high-risk 90-day period after an AMI.
Listen to Prof. Michael Gibson discuss the risks associated with early and late recurrent events in patients with recent ACS, and the implications this could have on trial design.
Listen to Prof Michael Gibson as he explores the association between cholesterol efflux and adverse CV events. He also discusses the potential of cholesterol efflux as a novel therapeutic target to improve outcomes for patients with CV disease.
Major adverse cardiovascular events and hospital readmissions in the 90 days following AMI: redefining the risk period
Listen to Dr. Keith Allen discuss the impact of recurrent CV events in the high-risk 90-day period post AMI.
Listen to Dr Anand Rohatgi describe the process of cholesterol efflux and the data that demonstrate the importance of cholesterol efflux in determining cardiovascular outcomes.
This video provides an overview of the important role apolipoprotein A1, a key functional component of high-density lipoprotein, plays in cholesterol efflux and plaque stabilization.
Get the latest news
Sign up to receive news alerts and information about educational resources to help your patients through the 90-day high-risk period post AMI
ACC, American College of Cardiology; AHA, American Heart Association; ACS, acute coronary syndrome; AMI, acute myocardial infarction; ApoA-I, apolipoprotein A-I; ASCVD, atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease; CV, cardiovascular; ESC, European Society of Cardiology; HDL, high-density lipoprotein; LDL, low-density lipoprotein
1. Bakhai A et al. J Interv Cardiol 2012; 25:19–27.
2. Punekar RS et al. Clin Cardiol 2015; 38:483–491.
3. Zhao Z, Winget M. BMC Health Serv Res 2011; 11:35.
4. Chapman RH et al. BMC Cardiovasc Disord 2011; 11:11.
5. Schwartz GG et al. N Engl J Med 2018; 379:2097–2107.
6. Cannon CP et al. N Engl J Med 2015; 372:2387–2397.
7. Schwartz GG et al. JAMA 2001; 285:1711–1718.
8. Bhatt DL et al. N Engl J Med 2019; 380:11–22.
9. Bhatt DL et al. J Am Coll Cardiol 2019; 73:2791–2802.
10. Mehta SR et al. N Engl J Med 2019; 381:1411–1421.
11. Wallentin L et al. N Engl J Med 2009; 361:1045–1057.
12. Nair R et al. J Am Heart Assoc 2021; 10:e019270.
13. Estrada-Luna D et al. Molecules 2018; 23:2730.
14. Silvain J et al. Curr Opin Cardiol 2019; 34:714–720.
USA-GEN-0051 | August 2023